Sunday, June 16, 2013

From Lea's desk.

Hi...here the BEGINNING of my story. If u
find any spelling errors or sth, just ignore
them for now...english is not my first language,
am tryin my best!! lol.
---------------------------
-
Welcome aboard the flight "Oceanic 275"
from Nashville,
Tennessee to Honolulu, Hawaii. We would like
to ask for your
attention while the plane personnel
demonstrates the safety features

...
-
A
smile on my lips. A man at my side. A ring on my
finger. It fit my
slender finger perfectly. It sparkled. Nothing
too expensive, but
still beautiful. "Darling? Did you hear what I
just said?"
I heard him say and felt his soft touch on my
thigh. "Huh...?"
I said and smiled. I shook my head. "Sorry, I
was just
dreaming." He leaned closer to me. I could
feel his hot breath
on my neck as he whispered: "Let our
honeymoon begin. How about
a walk to the bathroom ...we could -" "Noah!" I
broke
him off, giggling. "Try to be romantic for
once." I told
him, still smiling. He looked at me and took my
hand in his. Oh, I
am ... I'm always romantic. You should know
that by now." He
kissed the back of my hand softly and
caressed it with his
fingertips. I raised an eyebrow at him. "A
quickie in the
bathroom, baby?" He took a deep breath.
"Yeah ... I guess
you're right. There's no romance in that." He
leant back in his
seat. I leaned close to him this time and laid
my hand on his chest.
"Let me say that again. A quickie in a tiny,
smelly bathroom on
an airplane ..." He looked at me and smiled. No
romance, we
agreed. I took out my favorite
magazine and
began reading an article about the meaning of
different hair colors.
"But it would have been an adventure for
sure!" I suddenly
heard Noah mumble. I hit him on the shoulder
with the magazine and
rolled my eyes, holding back laughter.
"What
are you reading, darling?" he asked a little
later. "Nothing,"
I just said, biting my lip. "Oh no, you must be
kidding me,"
he said after sneaking a peek. "Why?" I asked
him. "What's
this? Do it right: Dye your hair Agent-Scully-
Red," he
said, reading out the article's headline in a
funny voice. "Not
good?" I asked questioningly. He shook his
head.
Suddenly
we heard someone clearing her throat beside
our seats. We looked to
the left and saw a stewardess standing there
with a smile on her
face. "Excuse my interrupting," she began,
"but would
you like something from the food cart?" she
asked with a
friendly smile. Noah nodded and said: "A
sandwich with ham would
be great." He turned towards me. "Darling?" I
smiled.
"Some coffee, please."
It
started getting dark outside. We would be
there soon. Hawaii.
Honeymoon. We got married today, and it was
wonderful. It was a small
wedding, only family was there. That was how
we wanted it to be. I
looked out of the small window even though
there was nothing
interesting to see. "Can you see anything
interesting out there,
darling?" Noah said, looking out of the window
as well. I shook
my head. "No, I was just -" "Look! I can see
the
islands! Over there!" he said, pointing
somewhere with his
finger. "What? No ... there's nothing there,
Noah," I said
smiling, shaking my head. "Of course there is.
Look ... that one
must be Oahu - or maybe Maui, I can't tell," he
said. I looked
at him as if he was crazy. "Are you okay,
sweetie?" I asked
and laid my palm on his forehead as if I was
checking his
temperature. "Hey, you're my husband ... stop
acting as if
you're five years old. People are already
starting to look at us,"
I added. It was true. We were getting all the
attention, all the
unwanted attention. Suddenly the plane
started shaking violently. I
grabbed hold of Noah's arm, and with the
other hand I held tightly
onto the armrest. It stopped shaking a few
seconds later. I let out a
deep breath and looked at my husband, who
was grinning at me. "Were
you scared?" he asked, still grinning. I looked
at him for a
second before turning away. "No, I wasn't," I
said, biting
my lip. The truth was that I was very scared.
I'd never got used to
flying. I felt his hand on my shoulder - he
caressed it softly, and I
felt my body relax. I turned towards him and
rested my head against
his shoulder, closing my eyes. "I know you hate
flying,
darling," he said softly. "We'll be there soon.
Try to get
some sleep. When you wake up we'll be in our
paradise ... Hawaii."
I smiled. "Yeah ..."
I
was just about to fall asleep when the plane
started shaking again.
It was not as violent as the first time, though.
I grabbed Noah's
hand and he squeezed it. "It'll stop in a few
seconds.
Everything is okay," he told me. I nodded
without saying
anything. Most people around me were not as
calm as my husband. They
looked frightened. The plane was still shaking.
It should've stopped
by now. I froze and turned to Noah again. The
expression on his face
was something I had never seen on him before.
He looked ... scared. I
tugged at his arm. "Noah!" I said loudly. He
shook his head
and swallowed. What was happening? It didn't
stop, but started
shaking more violently. By now people were screaming, and
baggage was
falling down from the baggage compartments.
"We're going down!"
and "I don't want to die!" were the sentences
I heard
people yell over and over again. I started
screaming myself. "Noah!"
No reply. I almost couldn't see anything. I
tried to move, tried to
turn towards my husband, but got pushed back
into the seat. I tried
again, but it was no use. I felt a sharp pain ...
my head. Dizziness.
Pain and blood everywhere. I couldn't breathe.
"Noah!"
I
awoke with a start. I was breathing heavily
and trembling
uncontrollably. I looked around me. I was in my
house, our house. In
our bed. I was safe. It was just a dream, a
nightmare. I looked over
to the left where the bed was made. Noah got
a call the night before
telling him that his mom was sick and needed
some help, so he drove
there right away. She wasn't seriously ill,
though. It was just the
flu, thank God. His father died in a car
accident three years ago, it
was terrible, and after that his mom just
wasn't the same any more.
She never recovered from the loss, and I
sadly believed she never
would. She needed a lot of attention. We did
everything we possibly
could. Two years ago she had to stay in a
psychiatry for seven weeks,
and since then she had had many appointments
with psychologists.
Suicidal.
I
felt dizzy. Slowly I crawled out of bed and
went into the bathroom. I
held onto the sink as I looked into the mirror.
My eyes were blank.
Empty. My face was pale, my lips dry. I looked
terrible. I took off
my nightgown and panties and teared my eyes
away from my reflection.
I stepped into the shower and let the water
run down my body. The
water was hot. I could feel how it burned my
back, but I didn't care.
Seconds later I began to freeze, I wrapped
my arms around me and
found myself shivering with cold. I tried to
make the water even
hotter but it was already at the point where it
couldnt get any
hotter. I looked around me for a second,
suddenly feeling watched. I
didnt understand this. I felt weak and held
onto the wall to
steady myself. My fingernails were turning
blue. I turned off the
water and stepped out of the shower quickly.
Mirror. Pale face. Blue
lips. I raised my hand and touched them softly,
they were swollen and
cold as ice. I couldnt feel anything, I couldnt
think. I walked
out of the bathroom and into the bedroom to
the wardrobe. I just
wanted to get warm so I pulled out some
clothes and put on the
warmest sweatshirt I could find. When I was
fully clothed I sat down
on my bed, my back resting against the
headboard, and tucked myself
up. I looked at the alarm clock on my
nightstand. 4:16 AM.
4:
23 AM. I didnt move. My eyes hurt. They were
opened wide.
Something stopped me from closing them. Fear
of falling asleep, fear
of dreaming. I reached over and picked up the
phone. I looked down at
it for a second before dialing his number and
lifting it up to my
ear.
I
heard his voice.
Noah.
Its me...
Im
not feeling good. I cant get warm, I said
shaking.
No,
I cant, Noah. I cant, I said just loud enough
for him to
hear.
I
had a dream, I told him.
I
dont know whats wrong with me. It was only a
dream... I said
in a whisper.
There
was a plane crash and...and, I stuttered.
and...we died, we
just-
I
know....yeah, I whispered, tears welled up in
my eyes.
Yes.
Yes, Im listening... I said, tears now made
their way down my
cheeks. They felt cold on my skin.
I
froze.
What
do you mean, you had the same dream...?
--------------------------------
thats it for now...who can help with a title name?

1 comment:

  1. Nice........but am speechless about the title to give

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...